The functional ability of a wheel / castor is affected by temperature, both temperature changes created by friction (use) and by ambient temperature.
In summary, properties of cold and heat are affected in the following summary manner.
When used in high temperatures
- Durability and service life (wear resistance) are clearly affected on the plastic at higher temperatures
- The risk of flattening under static load increases
- Risk of impact on grease, which in the long term can negatively affect functionality in the bracket and bearing
When used in low temperatures
- Elastomers increase in stiffness and thus decrease the elastic properties of the plastic
- Hard plastics lose weight resistance capacity and impact resistance
- Grease risks being affected (solidified) and thus deteriorating the properties of the bracket and bearing
The recommended operating temperature ranges specified for each product in the range must be indicated by the temperature range for which the product is usable. The temperature range is specified in the technical specification of each product.
Within the temperature ranges:
- The material remains relatively stable and no significant deterioration
- The user will not normally encounter any structural problems with the performance of the product
The above applies to temporary / short-term use.
Other technical values of the products, such as weight resistance, have been obtained from tests performed in our test center according to EN standard (23 ° C - relative humidity of 50%). All technical values will be affected by working temperatures of the products. The customer is responsible for checking the product's actual performance within the customer's specific working conditions.